Lawn and garden care are the most visible part of any residence. It is an important part of taking care of your lawn and garden beds to ensure their health and beauty. Poor lawn and garden care creates an unsightly property with overgrowth, and weeds, and can result in problems with HOAs and neighbors.
Lawn care is a needed part of maintaining a healthy and beautiful lawn. A well-maintained lawn can add curb appeal to your home and provide a comfortable area for outdoor activities.
Lawn care refers to the maintenance and upkeep of a lawn – simply put that grassy area of land out front and in your backyard. It is typically found in residential and commercial landscapes, parks, and sports fields. Lawn care is important to keep the lawn healthy and looking attractive. A well-maintained lawn can increase the value of a property, provide a safe and clean environment, and help with stormwater management. Lawn care involves several tasks such as:
- Mowing: Keeping grass at a proper height and encouraging healthy growth.
- Watering: Keeping grass hydrated, especially in hot and dry weather
- Fertilizing: Provides essential nutrients to the grass to promote growth and help it recover from stress
- Aerating: Reduce compaction and improve soil health
- Removing weeds and pests: Minimize or eliminate damage from weeds and pests
Lawn care can be done by homeowners or by professional landscaping companies. If you choose to do it yourself, it is important to follow proper techniques, use the right equipment, and be aware of environmental considerations, such as conserving water and reducing chemical use.
However professional landscaping companies such as Boulay Landscaping offer invaluable expertise and can handle lawn care and upkeep with care and reliability. With proper care, your lawn can be a beautiful and healthy outdoor space for years to come.
Garden care is the upkeep of garden beds including plants and flowers. Gardens without a doubt are a pleasing addition to your property. But garden care is important to the health and appearance of the plants and flowers, and for the overall aesthetic of the garden.
Garden care involves several tasks such as:
- Planting: Selecting and putting plants in the ground, based on season, light, and soil
- Pruning: Removing dead, diseased, or damaged growth, and shaping plants to encourage healthy growth.
- Weeding: removal of unwanted plants, both to keep the garden attractive and to prevent competition for nutrients and water
- Mulching: Adding a layer of organic material, such as leaves or bark, to the soil surface to conserve moisture and suppress weeds.
- Watering: Hydrating plants and flowers especially in dry and hot conditions.
Again, garden care can be done by homeowners or by professional landscaping companies. When using a professional company like Boulay Landscaping, you ensure the proper care is provided so your garden thrives.
Call a Reliable Landscaper in Southern Maine
Boulay Landscaping has built a solid reputation for service and professionalism. We offer full gardening and lawn services, including planting, mulching, weekly or biweekly mowing, and fertilizing. Boulay Landscaping will make sure that your yard looks good throughout the season! Contact us and learn about Boulay and all its services by calling our main #207-251-6230